The Accelerator (working name) is set to be launched in early 2022. Its main purpose is to serve as a coordinator and advocacy implementer on prevention of gender-based violence, including ensuring that the Shared Advocacy Agenda is achieved.
The Accelerator will also serve as a platform to advance various parties’ (governments, foundations and civil society organisations) commitments made in and outside of the Generation Equality Forum. New funders are encouraged to come onboard and collaborate with the Accelerator to make commitments.
Governance & Funding
The Accelerator is to be led by two Co-Directors who have been hired and will be formally announced in early 2022. The organisation is currently funded by the Wellspring Philanthropic Fundand the Ford Foundation.
Advisors to the process to date include:
- Alessandra Guedes, UNICEF-Innocenti
- Claudia Garcia-Moreno, WHO
- Elizabeth Dartnall, SVRI
- Emily Esplen, UK FCDO
- Emma Fulu, The Equality Institute
- Kalliopi Mingeirou, UN Women
- Leila Hessini, Global Fund for Women
- Lori Heise, John Hopkins University
- Lori Michau, Raising Voices
- Manisha Mehta, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
- Mary Ellsberg, Global Women’s Institute
- Radha Wickremasinghe, Ford Foundation
- Sohini Bhattacharya, Breakthrough India
- Tesmer Atsbeha, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
- Tina Musuya, Centre for Domestic Violence Prevention
To stay updated on the latest news on this work, click here. To learn more on this, or to get involved, email email@example.com.